Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Killer Workout

I am a big fan of the reality series "The Biggest Loser" on NBC. I find it inspiring to see people that have large amounts of weight to lose and are successful and busting their butt to get it off. Usually, during one of the commercial breaks, they will have a trainer tip. The other day, one of the trainers, Jillian Michaels, gave a workout tip using face cards. It sounded interesting, so I wrote it down and did the work out today, and let me tell you, it is a killer and will get your heart pumping.

Here it is:

"Deck of Cards Workout"

1. Take a deck of cards and shuffle them and place them face down in a pile, drawing just one card at a time.
2. The number of repetitions for each exercise will correspond to the number on the card.
3. Face Cards ( i.e. King, Queen, Jack) = 10 repetitions.
4. Ace Cards = 1 minute break
5. Diamonds = push ups
6. Hearts = lunges
7. Spades = crunches
8. Clubs = reverse crunches

By the time you are done, you will have performed 84 push ups, 84 lunges, 84 crunches, and 84 reverse crunches. The workout will take you approximately 20-25 minutes. If you are unable to do a full push up, start on your knees, or just balance on one bent knee. With lunges, I like to alternate legs.

Try it! I guarantee you will be breathing hard and sweating and your arms and legs will feel a bit shaky, but oh those endorphins are nice!

In a few weeks, I will write a post to tweak this workout a bit.

Happy Sweating!

1 comment:

Avry said...

I love Jillian Michaels & their trainer tips. I will have to try this one out. I just bought Jillian's 30 day shred and all I have to say is WOWZA!!