April is over and it's time to move on with a new goal. I've done good with eliminating night-time snacking, haven't lost any weight, but I'm not worried about that right now. I just want to eliminate some bad habits and establish some good ones.
My new goal is to eliminate sweet and sugary breakfasts. This bad habit started a year or so ago when Kendall figured out she loved pancakes and Ken enjoyed making them for her. He generally makes them for her 2-3 days per week. I don't even like pancakes but pretty soon I was eating them too because they were being served for breakfast. I've never been able to tolerate super sweet foods for breakfast so I had mine with a big dollop of peanut butter to add some protein (and several hundred calories). I always feel just miserable after I eat pancakes because of the sugar rush they give me. Then I crash and eat like crazy all day. Enough! I'm not going to eat pancakes just because they are on the kitchen counter. I get to choose! I've also realized that I'll have to give up Honey Bunches of Oats, Frosted Mini Wheat's, and toast with jam. I KNOW I'll feel better. So, until Kendall's birthday on the 20th this is my goal: No sweet or sugary breakfasts.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you posted. I haven't been here for a few days, and my feed hasn't updated. I am glad to hear that you are sticking with it. Congratulations on sticking to your goal. I like the no sugar until May 20th. Can I join you in that one?
Post a Comment