...And she's back! I have been M.I.A. No, actually I have been spending a lot of time with my kids, and scads of time gardening. When the weather is beautiful, who wants to be on the computer?
So how are my health goals going? A lot better. I felt like a train wreck and needed even more structure in my life than my nebulous goals.
I have a dear friend and her husband who have lost a lot of weight through the Medi-Fast program and became health coaches through Take Shape For Life. I was never really interested in the program, but then Julia called me up a few weeks ago and I decided that it was worth a try. So I said "Why not?" and signed up for Take Shape For Life, a subsidiary of Medi-Fast. I have now been on it for 5 days and I feel SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I have a lot more energy and I am not constantly crashing from blood sugar spikes and dips. My moods are more stable. Funny how that is. The first few days were rough, with a headache as I detoxed from sugar and other simple sugars that I was addicted to, but I just kept myself pretty busy. By day 4, my husband said that my face was more energized and not so puffy. The premise of the program? You eat 5 Medi-Fast meals a day and then do on Lean and Green meal, which is usually a protein and 1.5 cups of approved vegetables. And water? You drink tons and tons and tons of it. The nice thing also is that I didn't have to give up my Diet Pepsi and can still have some each day.
So far I am down 9 lbs. Most of that no doubt, is water weight as my body was getting rid of the stored glycogen. By day 4 you start tapping into your fat stores, and heavens knows I have plenty! Anyway, this is the best I have felt mentally and physically in a long, long time.
I will continue to update as to how I am doing on the program and what I think of it.
So far, so good as it is quite simple to follow!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
NINE pounds! Water or not 9 pounds is great!
yep I agree 9 lbs is great! I wanted to sit down & talk to you more about it Jer & we never got the chance.
Anymore pounds lost over the last week and a half? Still feeling good?
Post a Comment